Monday, October 15, 2007

Adventures in Cat Bathing

Although I usually talk about my cat Tiger, we actually have 2 cats. Our other cat's name is K.C. (short for Kitty Cat). K.C. is our older cat. She is 11? 12? 13? I'm not really sure. Last year she got sick really bad and we thought we were going to lose her. She got better after a good few trips to the vet. But afterward, we found out she is probably 100% deaf. So for K.C. to make up for the fact that she can't hear herself, she meows LOUDLY, all the time. First thing when I get up to shower, she sits right outside of the bathroom door and MEOWS. My husband is still trying to sleep at this time. It is difficult to quiet her. We came up with a nickname for her after a while, "the Bucket," short for noise bucket. That's now what we call her. Bucket. Good thing she can't hear us or she might get insulted.

So with getting older, K.C. does not clean herself as well. She has actually gotten kind of smelly. New nickname, "Stinky, Stink, Stink." I had my husband give her the smell test last week just to show him how much she needed a bath. He was convinced right away.

So yesterday was bath day. K.C. was not very pleased. Actually after clawing my husband in the chest, she seemed to do pretty well. Boy, was she dirty. Scott and I both don't understand how an indoor cat can get so dirty. We were amazed. So here is our K.C. all clean after her bath, with my husband. I have some good photos of her during her bath but I can't figure out how to make them vertical instead of horizontal. Oh well.



And of course, I have to add my Tiger. He is pretty humorous sometimes. My Tiger has a shoe fetish. If my husband leaves his shoes in the living room, Tiger will lay and rub and play all over them. It is the funniest thing. And sometimes he will get a toy and add that to his shoe play. He plays like he is attacking the shoes, like they are live prey. Here's a photo of my boy.

No comments: