Thursday, October 25, 2007

Frustrating Day in the Studio

I have found over time that some days are very productive days for making art and some days are not. This was true as a painter, and is also true as a jewelry artist.

Yesterday, it seemed like I was just having the hardest time figuring out new designs, and then working them out. Actually it was the working them out that was the hardest. And I hate wasting materials. It's usually the sterling wire I screw up. Once the wire is bent in a certain shape, it is difficult to reuse it.

I did have a couple of successes. I made a pair of earrings and a necklace that go together. I am starting to make some holiday jewelry, a little more dressy for holiday parties, gatherings, etc. I will probably unveil this line when I send out my first or second newsletter. My first newsletter is scheduled for Nov. 1st.

That's all for now. have to get to the day job.

No comments: