Sunday, November 25, 2007

Dalai Lama Quote and Michael Moore's "Sicko"

This is a quote I found from the Dalai Lama: "Today, more than ever before, life must be characterized by a sense of Universal responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human, but also human to other forms of life."


I have been feeling this more and more lately. I think for us to survive as a species we need to learn to be more responsible for one another, and to try to understand people who act differently or think differently than ourselves. We need to be more tolerant and less violent.

I saw Michael Moore's movie sicko last weekend. Of course it is about our medical system and other countries that have universal health care. In these other countries, England, Canada, Cuba, all people are treated with the best of care available, for free. The government pays the doctors and they seem to be very comfortable with what they earn. Of course, the universal health care is paid for by taxes. We pay taxes here in the United States. I would rather my taxes, the money I work for, be spent on health care than on this never ending war.

Our nation is run by corporations. The more money you have the more politicians you can buy. And then they in turn write our bills and laws, according to where the money is coming from to keep them in office. This is how I see our political system. As a nation, I believe the majority of people are driven by greed and how much can I make, not factoring in how it will affect our environment or other people.

I have some pretty strong opinions when it comes to politics. Usually I just keep them to myself or share them (rant) with my husband. I am just very disheartened
with what is going on with our government right now.

But I will really end here. I am tired and need to get some rest.

No comments: