Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Having Some Down Time

Since my holiday fair about 2 weekends ago, I have decided to take some down time from working, working, working making jewelry and marketing on the internet. I have a tendency to work a lot so this is almost like a vacation for me. I am still working my bank job, but this gives me some free time in the evenings, on my wednesday art day, and on the weekends.

I need to reevaluate what I want to do with my jewelry business. Selling my jewelry on Etsy has not taken off for me. That is disappointing. There are a lot of artists trying to sell jewelry on Etsy. I think the ones that do the best have more time to create than I and can therefore list more frequently. And the more you list, the more people see and recognize your name and that all helps. I sell my jewelry much better in person than on the internet.

Sooooooo, do I keep an Etsy jewelry shop going in the new year or not. That is my question to myself. All this internet marketing takes a lot of time and would I rather spend my time doing something else? I'm not clear on this yet. I'll let you know what I decide.

No comments: