Thursday, July 25, 2013

Product Photography - Editing With FotoFuze

I have tried many different ways to try to get good, clear, precise photos of my gemstones and beading supplies.  But I have not found a way that works consistently for me 100% of the time.

I find, more times than not, that I have to edit my photographs after I have taken them.  Editing is the bane of my existence.  I do not like to do it.  A lot of times I still find it difficult to get my product colors correct, and to get my white background to look white.

Introducing FotoFuze.  Some of you may all ready know about this application, but I just discovered it last week and so wanted to share.  FotoFuze helps you create professional product photography out of ordinary photographs from ordinary cameras.  And the best part is that it is FREE to use.

Before
After

FotoFuze is also an Etsy application.  The best way to describe it is that it will enhance your products by putting them on a crisp with background.  I LOVE how the background just disappears, and what you see is the item and it's shadow.  You can use it to enhance your photos while you are creating a listing, or you can edit your all ready listed photographs.  This is what I tried last week and it works beautifully.  It is pretty intuitive and not very difficult to figure out.  That is something I appreciate when I am trying to learn a new program or application.

Before

After

If you have trouble with your product photography like I do, I would highly recommend taking a look at FotoFuze.  It just might be helpful for you too.

No comments: