Sunday, August 5, 2007

Oh no, I'm really overwhelmed now!

This morning I discovered Yahoo Groups. Oh my, there is a whole new world of information available there. I went in search of jewelry groups. There are groups for discussions, techniques, posting photos, and sharing ideas. I found at least 10 groups I want to check up on. Then my husband comes home from teaching his class. And he talks to me about coming up with a business statement to keep me focused and planning my goals for 6 months from now, 1 years from now, etc. Now I am really overwhelmed. I know he means for the best and he has a wealth of knowledge on business development and marketing but this is too much to take in on a sunday morning.

Trying to develop a business on 1 and 1/2 days, and evenings is tough to do. And in the evenings, I am getting pressure to get off the computer to spend time with my husband. I love my husband. Believe me. But when I get started on say listing a jewelry piece in my Esty store, or blogging, or just researching, it's hard to stop. I have been spending a lot more time on the computer as of late. There is so much to learn. Trying to balance everything id difficult.

But that was not the reason I wanted to blog this morning. I wanted to show off a few pieces. The first one I call Lemon Drops. This was my first sale on Etsy. I was very happy with how they turned out.





These are a couple of pairs of earrings that I made this week. They are available at http://testagrossadesigns.etsy.com





On a different note, one of my other favorite things to do is garden. Actually I like to plant plants that do not need a lot of tending but will flower. That's why I like lilacs (and they smell good too), hydrangeas (I have 4 of them), lilies, etc. One of my favorite plants, though, is the lantana. I just planted my 2nd one yesterday. The flowers on these plants are so unusual. they are multi-colored, going from a red to orange to yellow. All in one flower. I love them!! I took some photos yesterday to share. Oops, can't seem to find these photos on my computer. Hard to believe, isn't it. If I can find them, I will be back. Sorry!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MaryAnn - have you found the bulk buying groups on Yahoo Groups yet?

Robyn Hawk

Inspiration for Daily Life said...

I saw one yesterday and have not had a chance to check it out yet. Any recommendations? And have you tried ordering this way before?