Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Just finished up a 3 day weekend. Went to Chapman's Gem and Mineral Shop on saturday. I haven't been there for years. I was actually surprised that the place was still open. It is a big funky gem shop with a museum of rocks and raw gemstones. And both to buy in their retail area. It was fun to go again.

My husband has been working with me to design a business card for my Etsy jewelry site and my Etsy bead site. We are almost done. It will be 1 card printed on 2 sides. The designs look great. We are almost finished. I am looking forward to having a new card. It has been a while.

Today I joined the group Etsy for Animals, http://www.etsyforanimals.com. This a group of artists on the Etsy site that are donating a portion of their profits to an animal organization. My charitable organization is Friends for Life www.dogrescuers.org. I will probably continue to donate to this organization until the end of the year. So far my sales have been slow so I want to continue to collect for them as the year continues. Remember, 10% of all of my sales gets donated to Friends for Life.

I am planning to do a big studio sale for my paintings in about 2 weeks. I am planning on selling my watercolors for 40-50% off my gallery prices. I really want to find new homes for these works of art. If anyone is interested, you can contact me and send your email. You can also get a look at some of my available work at www.MaryAnnTestagrossa.com.

That's all for now. Made a couple of pairs of earrings this weekend. Hope to get more creative work done on wednesday.

No comments: