Sunday, November 4, 2007

10 Questions for the Dalai Lama

This is the first movie recommendation I would like to make. I watched this DVD with my sister last night and really enjoyed it.

There has never been a documentary done with the Dalai Lama before. Rick Ray, a filmaker and explorer, travels to India and visits the Dalai Lama with a film crew to ask 10 questions examinating current issues the world has at this time. Questions about happiness, violence, non-violence, China, our population and resources crisis, etc. There is beautiful photography of the Tibetian people, some cultural celebrations, and historical photography of Tibet before and after China's invasion.

The other thing I liked about this movie is that it gave me more of an understanding of the Dalai Lama's significance as a spiritual leader, and how this all began for him. And about the Chinese invasion and why they are still there and persecuting the Tibetians. And a little more understanding about the Buddha and Buddhism.

So as you can see, I do recommend this film. I think I may even see it for a second time before I bring it back to the video store.

No comments: