Sunday, December 16, 2007

Let's Start at the End

My husband and I just got back from a week long vacation. We took a cruise to the Mexican Riviera for a winter holiday.

The hardest part about leaving town was leaving my Tiger. I had to put him in a cat boarding place for the first time ever and I was very upset about that. I cried for 2 days and had my husband bring him because I just couldn't do it. So these are the first pictures of Tiger coming home. Not the happy pictures I thought they were going to be. He was a bit freaked out as you can see that in the photos. All he wanted to do was get down and run and hide.
















Why I was so upset about leaving him at cat boarding is because I believe animals have feelings. I thought he would be afraid in a new, strange environment, and wonder where the heck his mom (me) was. And feel abandoned because he and I are so attached. And then the space he was staying in was a small space, whereas he is use to going in and out all day long. I don't think this was the best experience for him, or for me.

Today is the second day that he is back home. Tiger is a bit more relaxed, and I am very happy to have him home.



I have many more photos and stories to share about my cruise. When I get organized I will share more.

No comments: