Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rings, Rings and More Rings

Sorry I've been gone so long from blogging. Haven't had much to say. Not much new going on so nothing to blog about.

Wanted to share one of my favorite cards that was given ti me and my husband from my sister-in-law and brother-in law. I thought it was appropiate for Valentine's Day. I feel it has a lot of truth and meaning for all. (The artwork and words are by an artist named Sally Huss.)



For Valentine's Day, I got to spend some time with my sister. We went out to lunch at our favorite pizza place, picked up a special Valentine dessert, and went shopping at one of my favorite stores. Before and after I had some creative time.

I have been wanting to make rings for a while now and I think I was a bit intimidated. I started one that didn't work out a couple of months ago so I just moved onto a new project at that time.

But today, I had some success. Take a look!!





The photos are a little blurry but this is what I could do for now in a quick time frame. Oh, and how do you like my cool ceramic hand? Perfect for displaying rings! Found that today at my favorite store.

All the rings are wire wrapped with sterling silver wire. The first ring on the right is made with sugilite and garnets, the second and third with crystals, and the last one on the pinky is made with pineapple quartz and garnets. The last one turned out real nice but it is sized very small. That is one thing I need to learn and will learn over time, how to get the size right. But I am having fun while I am learning to make rings. This is something I like.

Keep a watch out at my store, Testagrossa Designs, if you are interested once they are listed.

That's all for now. Happy Valentine's Day to all.

No comments: