Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Touch of Spring

Even though it is still winter, there seems to be some signs of Spring happening here in Northern California. One of the very first signs I have noticed is the flowering of my ornamental fruit trees. They are so beautiful. Even prettier when they are in full bloom, but I wanted to share some photos today.

This pretty pink flowering tree is in the front of my home. I started noticing last year that there are many of these beautiful trees blooming all around town. When the flowers drop away, they are replaced by a very deep red, almost maroon in color leaf.





This pretty white flowering tree is in my backyard. I believe it is an ornamental plum tree.







Even though we are having these signs, it is a rainy and COLD day today, reminding us it is still winter.

No comments: