Monday, June 2, 2008

A Successful Open Studio

This last weekend was Open Studios in my local area. I had my home open to visitors from 11:00am to 5:00pm on saturday and sunday. The attendance seemed rather slow both days. I am used to it being slow on sunday, but not on saturday. I think gas prices and the economy were both factors in the low attendance.

But even still, I feel I did all right. I sold some earrings and necklaces, and large floral painting. Yes, in the end, I did decide to display my paintings again. People in my community still identify me as a painter, probably because I was for over 20 years and displayed my paintings in galleries here for almost the same amount of time.

I took some photos of my displays that I thought I would share. I purchased the white necklace displays right before this show and they really made a big difference.









And of course, you cannot hold a successful Open Studio tour without your favorite cat laying on the jewelry displays and coming into to greet all the visitors. That was Tiger's very special form of "helping."



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic display and brilliant photography! I can't help admiring your beautiful Watercolors in the background. That really steal the show!

Inspiration for Daily Life said...

Thank you Evelyn for such positive feedback. I appreciate it!