Friday, August 8, 2008

A Little Vacation

I've been gone for a while on vacation and just got back in town. I went to visit family on the east coast that I have not seen for a while. I had a very good trip all in all. My flights went very well. Amazing! And I got to see everyone I wanted to visit with, including my two oldest friends from my teenage years.

The weather in NY was a lot hotter and humid than where I live. I came home to overcast skies and temperatures in the 60's. At least this afternoon the sky has cleared and there is some sun.

My husband had a convention to go to, and so the one day we are in Manhattan, it pours down rain. We were at 42nd Street and boy the streets were crowded. Give me small town life any day. Besides trying to run in between the raindrops, trying to get around the crowds was trying.


While we were in Manhattan, an anti-war demonstration was going on. It was very peaceful.

By this truck, they were singing a prayer for peace.


What surprised me was all the police force out and ready for action. This photo was of police officers that had helmets and large rifle-like guns they were holding. I was amazed.

So I am glad to be home. I have been working on some new jewelry today. I love creating!! I'll share my new work as soon as I take photos.

No comments: