Saturday, July 16, 2011

Form and Funktion Jewelry

Sterling Silver Set of 3 Stacking Rings with One Heart

I would like to introduce my next featured metalsmith and jewelry artist Stacey, of Form and Funktion Jewelry.   

Stacy lives in Sonomna County, CA, in a small, bohemian town where artists and musicians abound and where her jewelry designs come to life in her art studio surrounded by redwood trees.

This is what Stacey has to say about her work...

"I love detail and ornament. A fundamental belief of mine is that our quality of life is hugely influenced by our ability to notice the finer detail in everyday things. I love to create art that has several levels of detail that can be seen as one continues to focus on it. I think of my jewelry as little treats for the eyes.


My jewelry designs are always evolving. I am in love with the merging of romanticism and modernism and I strive to get that perfect mix in my pieces. I love clean lines combined with ornate details and nothing stirs my creative juices like getting that combination just right. Working with precious metals keeps me continually inspired and excited to come to work in my studio each morning."

Stacking Set with Bezel-Set Faceted London Blue Topaz

All Form and Funktion jewelry is handcrafted using precious metals and gemstones. Stacey uses recycled silver and gold from an eco-conscious company and always tries to buy stones which have been collected in an earth-friendly and humane manner. Form and Funktion strives to step lightly on the earth while creating small bits of beauty.

Etched Spinner Ring with two 14K Gold-Filled Spinners

Sterling Silver Spinner Ring with Two Gold-Filled Hammered and One Silver Beaded Spinner

You can see more of Stacey's jewelry on her website.

And she also sells her jewelry on Etsy, a website for handmade items of all kinds.

Check out Stacey's blog for more of an insight into her life as a jeweler.

 

Wide Sterling Silver Hammered Band with Sterling Silver Filigree Design

No comments: