Friday, November 23, 2007

Enchanted

Went to see the new Disney movie "Enchanted" the day before Thanksgiving and really enjoyed. I went with my husband and our visiting family and we all enjoyed it. It is the story of a soon-to-be Princess and the attempts of her fiancee's evil stepmother to keep them apart. It is also about the pursuit of true love.

As an artist, what I really liked was the combination of starting the movie in animation, then moving the story to live actors, then back to animation. The animation also had the feel of Snow White and Cinderella, two Disney classics I was raised on.

I also liked how the Prince and Princess-to-be, would break out in song at unusual moments. This is classic of older Disney animated movies.

I think one of my favorite scenes was when she first becomes human and wakes up and decides to clean the apartment. She sings a tune and all the animals that hear it come to help her. You will have to see the movie to see what I mean. I am trying not to give up too much detail.

So this is a fun movie I would recommend for all ages. As I said, the other three adults I went with enjoyed it also. It's just a feel good movie, and we could all use many more of them. I know I will even pick it up on DVD when it comes out. That is a sure sign I like a movie.

No comments: