Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

This is a late Happy Father's greeting to all the fathers out there But especially to my husband, my brother and my brother-in-law Flip. It is a day late because I could not get much time to myself yesterday even though I knew I wanted to do this posting.

My husband is a great Dad. It was part of the reason why I was attracted to him originally. I wasn't sure I wanted to be a step-mom, but I could tell he was a really good Dad. And still is. And I'm sure his 2 boys would call him their friend now that they are older and moved away.

Scott and I celebrate Father's Day and Mother's Day with one another, even though the kids are gone. I like to honor the part of him that is a dad and that raised 2 really good kids, young adults now. With my help, of course.


But who I would really like to honor and remember is my Dad. He passed away 13 years ago. His birthday is also this week, on wednesday. This is a photo of him. From what I figure, he was about 40ish. He was a very handsome man.

Happy Father's Day Dad, and Happy Birthday.

I miss you.

No comments: