Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer's Almost Here

Three more days until summer is officially here. Hooray.



Today I was inspired to make a pair of summer earrings. These hoops I made are of light red adventurine and sterling silver. The apricot color of the adventurine gemstone goes well with this summer's clothing color palette.

It's funny how I design earrings. Maybe this is true for all jewelry designers. I start out with one idea and it turns out to be something completely different in the end. I was going to make hoops but they were going to be all silver. I was going to have the earrings all coiled and antiqued, but then I decided I wanted color added instead.



These earrings are almost 1 1/2" across. The light red adventurine beads are 6mm in size. And the earrings are very light weight. Perfect for summer!

No comments: