Though we are all still in the middle of winter, the color trends for spring and summer of this year have all ready been chosen.
Pantone chooses one main color that they call the color of the year. This year, they have chosen "Greenery." This is what Pantone has to say about "Greenery."
"A refreshing and revitalizing shade, Greenery is symbolic of new beginnings.
Greenery is nature’s neutral. The more submerged people are in modern life, the greater their innate craving to immerse themselves in the physical beauty and inherent unity of the natural world. This shift is reflected by the proliferation of all things expressive of Greenery in daily lives through urban planning, architecture, lifestyle and design choices globally. A constant on the periphery, Greenery is now being pulled to the forefront - it is an omnipresent hue around the world.
A life-affirming shade, Greenery is also emblematic of the pursuit of personal passions and vitality."
|Pantone's Color of the Year 2017|
In total 10 colors are chosen as part of Spring and Summer's color palette. Here are two color charts to show you what you will be seeing in fashion and decor. These charts may also helpful for you, as a jewelry designer, to know what gems to choose in your jewelry creations, that will compliment the current fashions.
|Color Chart borrowed from Pantone.com|
|Color Chart borrowed from BGFashion.net|
- Niagara - "Comfortable and dependable and leads the PANTONE Fashion Color Report as the most prevalent color for spring 2017. Niagara is a classic denim-like blue that speaks to our desire for ease and relaxation."
- Lapis Blue - "Strong and confident, this intense blue shade is imbued with an inner radiance."
- Flame - "A red-based orange, Flame, is gregarious and fun loving. Flamboyant and vivacious, this wonderfully theatrical shade adds fiery heat to the spring 2017 palette."
- Primrose Yellow - "Sparkles with heat and vitality. Inviting us into its instant warmth, this joyful yellow shade takes us to a destination marked by enthusiasm, good cheer and sunny days."
- Island Paradise - "A refreshing aqua that calls to mind a change of scenery. A cool blue green shade that speaks to our dream of the great escape, Island Paradise is emblematic of tropical settings and our desire to unwind."
- Pale Dogwood - "A quiet and peaceful pink shade that engenders an aura of innocence and purity. The unobtrusive Pale Dogwood is a subtle pink whose soft touch infuses a healthy glow."
- Greenery - "A tangy yellow-green that speaks to our need to explore, experiment and reinvent. Illustrative of flourishing foliage, the fertile attributes of Greenery signals one to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate."
- Pink Yarrow - "A whimsical, unignorable hue that tempts and tantalizes. Bold, attention getting and tempestuous, the lively Pink Yarrow is a captivating and stimulating color that lifts spirits and gets the adrenaline going."
- Kale - "A foliage-based green that conjures up our desire to connect to nature, similar to the more vivacious Greenery. And, just as we see in nature, this lush and fertile natural green shade provides the perfect complementary background to the more vibrant tones in the palette."
- Hazelnut - "A key neutral for spring. This shade brings to mind a natural earthiness. Unpretentious and with an inherent warmth, Hazelnut is a transitional color that effortlessly connects the seasons."